After reading this post you will know
- Boundaries and subdivisions of anterior triangle.
- Contents of submental, muscular and carotid triangles
- Infrahyoid and suprahyoid muscles.
- Ansa cervicalis.
- Contents of carotid triangle.
- Clinical relevance of carotid triangle.
Infrahyoid and Suprahyoid muscles
*Anterior belly of diagastric develops from 1st pharyngeal arch, therefore, supplied by branch of mandibular nerve (nerve of 1st pharyngeal arch). Posterior belly is derived from 2nd pharyngeal arch therefore supplied by facial nerve ( nerve of 2nd pharyngeal arch).