After reading this post you will know
- The layers of anterior abdominal wall.
- The nine regions of abdominal cavity and their main contents.
- Vertebral levels of transpyloric plane, subcostal plane and intertubercular plane.
- Structures present at the level of transpyloric plane.
- Origin, insertion, action and nerve supply of muscles of anterior abdominal wall.
- Surface landmarks – linea alba and linea semilunaris.
- Umbilicus and its clinical significance.
- Attachment of membranous layer of superficial fascia and its clinical significance.
- Cutaneous innervation of anterior abdominal wall.
- Arterial supply of anterior abdominal wall.
- Lymphatic drainage of anterior abdominal wall.
Layers of Anterior Abdominal Wall
Nine Regions of Abdominal Cavity, Planes Used for Dividing Them and Their Main Contents
Origin, Insertion, Action and Nerve Supply of Muscles of Anterior
Structures Present at Transpyloric Plane
Linea alba, Linea Semilunaris and Umbilicus
Attachment of Membranous Layer of Superficial Fascia And Its Clinical Significance
Arterial Supply, Cutaneous innervation and Lymphatic Drainage of Anterior Abdominal Wall